Saturday, January 17, 2009

a heart of servitude

God has instilled in me a tremendous heart of servitude. although i know it's been within me for years, it's finally beginning to come to fruition now. as i was telling jasmine (ye) earlier today over the phone, the seed was planted within me many years ago. but it wasn't until the first day of 2oo9 that it began to sprout and bear fruit for Him.

today i served at Atlanta Union Mission: The Carpenter's House. We cooked and served wings, fries, slaw, and orange slices to about one hundred hungry men. They were so unbelievably thankful for our help and service. They were all blessing us and trying to help. I did not do it with the English Ministry or even the college group. I helped out with a small group of about ten people from the KM. Quite honestly, the only people i knew and recognized were Catherine, Grace and Eugin's parents. It greatly saddens me that the EM does not do the same.

I have committed myself to helping out every open Saturday that I can. it was such a blessed time to serve the Lord and i now know that i am doing God's work.

it is convenient too. i had not realized until christmas how nearby all the homeless shelter's and outreach locations were to my apartment.

No comments: